With decades of experience and two large practices in Summit and Montclair, the talented spine surgeons at New Jersey Spine Specialists know how critical it is to pick the right spine surgeon. If you’re searching for a spine surgeon, you’re probably experiencing varying degrees of back pain, neck pain, or lower back pain. These symptoms are very common among adults in the United States and result from a wide range of medical conditions and skeletal issues. In adults, back pain can result from scoliosis, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or a host of other spinal disorders that range in severity from mild and manageable to dangerous and life-threatening. There are many different styles of treatment for spinal conditions available.
Physical therapy may reduce your pain and improve your mobility. Spinal steroid injections can help relieve inflammation in your spinal discs. But regardless of your symptomatic severity, consulting with a top-rated NJ spine surgeon is paramount for your health and quality of life. The spine is a delicate and critical part of the body’s central nervous system. That’s why you need a top-rated spine surgeon to do the job as non-invasively as possible and get you back to an active lifestyle. But how does one identify a top NJ spinal surgeon?
Spine Doctors in New Jersey fall into many categories based on specialty, disorder focus, and a host of other variables. But there are certain characteristics that all top-rated local NJ spine surgeons have in common.
• A top-rated spine surgeon is a leader in their profession who engages in research and publishes academic papers on their findings
• Your spine surgeon should be board-certified
• Your doctor should have a professional demeanor and treat you with respect
• Your doctor should listen to your concerns and adequately answer your questions about spinal surgery and other treatment options
• Your doctor should be an expert on the most up to date treatments for common spine issues, including minimally invasive spine surgery
• Your doctor’s staff should understand how your specific spinal issues impact your daily lifestyle and level of activity
• A top-rated NJ spine surgeon should explain all procedures to you and make sure you and your family understand all aspects of your spinal surgery
Most importantly, any top-rated NJ spine doctor should be up to date on the latest most innovative surgical techniques, and make your peace of mind and needs a priority. With a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical options on offer, and experience treating all major spinal conditions, NJSS’ team of board-certified surgeons sit ready to treat debilitating spine conditions. All spinal procedures come with risks. Take your time finding the right spine surgeon in NJ. It could be the difference between improving and diminishing your quality of life.
Now that you understand how to identify a top-rated NJ spinal surgeon, the question remains: how do I actually search for and book an appointment with the right doctor? Some methods for searching include:
• Getting a referral from your primary care physician
• Discussing options with your friends, or family members that have experience with spine doctors in your area
• Meeting with a variety of local spinal surgeons and deciding for yourself
• Checking online reviews, and peer-reviewed medical journals from local spinal clinics
Once you hone in on the right surgeon, it’s time to schedule a consultation. Ask a lot of questions about your specific condition, the risks associated with surgery, and whether you can explore non-surgical options as well. And, of course, if you live in Northern New Jersey, come schedule an appointment at one of our office locations. Our board-certified spinal surgeons are on hand to answer the important questions you have about your condition, and about all surgical and non-surgical treatment options. Your spinal health is too important for you to not get the best care available. Get in touch with NJSS staff by dialing (908) 738-1679.
“I am pain free, walking and well on my way to recovery thanks to the help of New Jersey Spine Specialists” —Robert K
For questions about any of our services, contact us using the form below or call (908) 738-1679 today!
“I am pain free, walking and well on my way to recovery thanks to the help of New Jersey Spine Specialists” –